- - 2017 :
- Elu membre de l'
Academie des Sciences.
- - 2015 :
Award: "Best PhD thesis in geophysics"
(Prix de thèse du Comité national français de géophysique et de géodésie:
CFNGG ) awarded to my PhD student Benjamin Charnay.
- - 2014 :
David Bates Medal at the European Geophysical Union ("for exceptional contributions
to planetary and solar system sciences").
- - 2009 :
Award: "Best 2008 PhD thesis in Earth, Universe and Space Science" (Fondation
EADS) awarded to my PhD student Aymeric Spiga.
- - 2007 :
- Award: Fondation del Duca (Institut de France - Académie des Sciences)
- - 2004 :
- Prize: "Best science book 2004" ("Grand Prix") at the "Salon du livre scientifique
d'Orsay" for the book "La planete Mars, Histoire d'un autre monde (publisher: Belin)
translated in Dutch, Japanese, English ("Planet Mars: Story of Another World").
- - 2002 :
- Award: Zeldovich medal, Committee on Space Research
- - 2001 :
- Award: ``Bronze medal'', CNRS
- - 2015-2017 :
- Member of the
Space Science Advisory Committee (SSAC), European Space Agency's senior scientific advisory body.
- - 2009-2010 :
- Member of the NASA/National Academy of Science
Planetary Science Decadal Survey , Mars Panel.
(official team of experts gathered to help define science and mission strategy
in the next decade.
I was initially the only non-american member).
- - 2008-2009 :
- Member of the NASA/MEPAG Mars Architecture Tiger
(a first team of experts gathered to help define NASA program in the next decade.
I was the only non-american member).
- - 2007-2009 :
- Member of the scientific committee of the "International Space Science Institute"
- - 2004-2006 :
- Member of the Solar System Working Group,
European Space Agency
- - 2001-2003 :
- Member of the Solar System Working
Group, Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales.
- - 2001 :
- Member of ``NASA Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Science
Review pannel'' (selection of the MRO instruments payload)
- - 2011-2017 :
Journal or Geophysical Research (Planet)
- - 2005-2012 :
International Journal of Mars Science and Exploration
- - Organizer of the six international conferences
Mars atmosphere modelling and observations
(130 to 150 participants):
1) January 13-15, 2003, Granada, Spain
2) February 27 - March 3, 2006 Granada, Spain
3) November 10-13, 2008 Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
4) February 8-11, 2011 Paris, France
5) January 13-16, 2014 Oxford, UK
6) January 17-20, 2017 Granada, Spain
- - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 :
- European Geophysical Society General assembly : Convener of
the ``Terrestrial planetary atmospheres'' session.